Tools for Exploring a Second Opinion
Seeking a second opinion for a diagnosis of pancreatic cancer is a completely acceptable avenue to explore in the course of medical treatment, and is a practice most reputable doctors encourage.
There are numerous reasons for a patient to seek out a second opinion, several of which include:
- A patient may want to confirm a diagnosis (doctors often recommend second opinions for this purpose as well).
- A patient may want a physician they feel more comfortable with.
- A patient may want a fresh set of eyes on a diagnosis.
- A patient may want a doctor who recommends different treatment opinions – perhaps more aggressive options.
- A patient may want to confirm that they have discovered all available treatment options, and that all options have been offered and explained.
Since different physicians may recommend very different courses of treatment, second opinions can provide patients with comprehensive options regarding their healthcare, and enable them to choose the plan they feel most comfortable with.
Tools for Exploring a Second Opinion: